Planners assist communities in formulating plans and policies to meet their social, economic, environmental, and cultural needs in the face of societal forces. Learning firsthand about these interactions in diverse parts of the world is essential to becoming an informed planner and a global citizen. We strongly encourage students who are considering studying abroad to plan early. Specific questions about the programs themselves should be directed to the trip leaders. You are also encouraged to talk with your faculty advisor about how studying abroad can fit into your regular course of study.
Sustainable Urbanism in South Korea
The Planning program offers a Summer Faculty-Led Study Abroad program in South Korea.
- Term: Summer Session 1
- Academic Credits: 6 s.h.
- For undergraduates: PLAN2030 (GE:SO) + PLAN4050
- For graduates: PLAN6046 + PLAN6050
- Time Abroad in 2024: May 13, 2024 – May 27, 2024 (Two weeks)
- Who Should Consider: Undergraduate and Graduate Students. Best fit for students who are interested in architecture, community, city, and environment. Majoring or minoring in Planning, Geography, or Architectural Design are highly encouraged.
- Cost: $3,790
- Sample Itinerary (2023)
- Scholarships: Various scholarships are available at ECU or national scholarships. More information about ECU Scholarships.
- Financial Aid can be applied.
- APPLY HERE