Summer 2018: Where our students are! – #3

Anna Willis, a rising Junior planning student with criminal justice as minor, is interning with the City of Greenville Police Department this summer.

“I have been working with 28 kids from the city of Greenville Police Athletic League (PAL), 4 days of the week from 8-5:30. These kids come from all different backgrounds, and this program (PAL) gives the kids so many opportunities to enjoy their summers and keep them out of trouble. Everyday we have different activities planned, as well as field trips to different places to educate them on different things. I have only been the intern now a week and honestly have created so many memories and have already received so much out of this position. It has opened my eyes to more than I could even imagine, and I cannot wait to continue with this internship as the summer goes on! These kids are our future, and to be able to impact the youth of Greenville, as well as give them a positive role model to look up to, is unbeatable!!”

We got to discover river park north and learn about how to keep our water clean and safe. They were taught a lot about the environment as a whole as well! We kayaked, the bike rode, and even got to fish!” – Anna Willis with PAL kids

For the information about the GPD’s Police Athletic League (PAL), check out here.